You can read more information about making a complaint in this fact sheet.

We take a rights-based approach to complaints. The Disability Service Safeguards Act 2018 (Vic) confirms that people with disability have the same rights as other community members, including: 

  • to be respected for their human worth and to be treated with dignity as individuals 
  • to live free from abuse, neglect and exploitation   
  • to realise their individual capacity for physical, social, emotional and intellectual development to exercise choice and control over their own lives   
  • to access information and communicate in a manner appropriate to their communication and cultural needs   
  • if a child, to actively involve the child's family and any other caregivers in decisions affecting the child and to have information and support to enable this to occur   
  • to choose disability workers with the values, skills and qualifications that meet their needs   
  • to access services which support their quality of life.   

Who can I complain about? 

You can make a complaint about any disability worker in Victoria. 

Is it OK to complain about a disability worker?  

Yes, it is OK to complain about a disability worker. It’s important that disability workers know when you aren’t happy or if something is wrong. Making a complaint can assist disability workers to make positive changes in their work and practice. Making a complaint is a great way to improve services for everyone.    

Do I need to give my personal details?  

We will accept anonymous complaints, and you can ask for your identity to remain confidential.   

If you choose to remain anonymous, this may limit how we can investigate or address the matter, and potentially the outcome of the complaints process.  

How to make a complaint?  

You can make a complaint by:    

  • Calling us on 1800 497 132  
  • Completing an online form      
  • Writing to us at Level 20, 570 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 
  • We can arrange interpreters, including Auslan interpreters   
  • We can arrange for you to meet face to face