Our role is to administer the Disability Service Safeguards Act 2018 (Vic).
This includes setting registration standards for registered Victorian disability workers, registering Victorian disability workers, taking complaints and notifications about registered and unregistered workers and, if necessary, investigating and prohibiting workers from providing disability services. Our structure comprises the Commissioner, the Board and the Commission.
The relevant legislation for our work includes:
- Disability Service Safeguards Act 2018
- Disability Service Safeguards Regulations 2020
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014
- Freedom of Information Act 1982
- Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006
To access the most up-to-date version of these Acts and Regulations, visit www.legislation.vic.gov.au.