From 1 July 2020 we will accept and respond to enquiries, concerns and complaints about disability workers who provide disability services in Victoria.

You may make a complaint about the professional conduct of a disability worker, including, but not limited to:

  • their standard of work
  • the knowledge, skill or judgement possessed by the disability worker
  • their suitability to be registered
  • their capacity to provide services safely

then you will be able to contact us to discuss the issues, seek information and advice and to lodge a concern.

Individual workers, service providers and funding sources

Your concern or complaint must be about an individual disability worker, or multiple workers, not a service provider more generally. The source of funding for the disability worker delivering a service may include WorkSafe, the Transport Accident Commission (TAC), and private funding.

If the disability worker concerned is providing a service funded by the NDIS we can still accept and respond to your complaint; however, we will also refer the matter to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. The two agencies will work together to address the matter under Victorian and Commonwealth laws.

Getting help

If you're not sure whether you want to make a complaint or want to understand the process more, you can talk to us about concerns you may have regarding the services being provided by an individual to a person with disability in Victoria. We can provide guidance about whether your concern is best handled by the Commission or another agency such as the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, the Health Complaints Commissioner or another agency.

From 1 July 2020 our friendly staff will be able to help you over the phone, or in person, with advice and information.


Disability worker assisting a person with disability at an ATM machine